The 9th Gen Intel Core i9-9900K is the world’s best processor for gaming1. It brings an exceptional level of performance to the desktop product line, signified by the first Intel Core i9 brand in the mainstream desktop segment. All three of the 9th Gen Intel Core processors unveiled today (i5-9600K, i7-9700K and i9-9900K) enable fast, immersive experience for gamers, with up to 8 cores and 16 threads, up to 5.0 GHz single-core turbo frequency2, and 16 MB Intel Smart Cache.
9th Gen Intel Core desktop processors deliver amazing performance, including unlocked3 “K” SKUs at each brand level and up to 40 platform PCIe 3.0 lanes for system expandability for gaming, creating and overclocking3. Improvements in this generation include:
- Enabling more than 220 FPS on three of the most popular global PC game titles4.
- With Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 delivering up to 5.0 GHz single-core frequency, gamers can enjoy their favorite games with up to 10 percent5 more FPS across popular gaming titles compared with the previous generation, as well as up to 37 percent more FPS compared with a 3-year-old PC6.
- Capture game play, transcode and stream while playing. With this type of megatasking, gamers can enjoy up to 11 percent7 more FPS compared with the previous generation and up to 41 percent more FPS compared with a 3-year-old PC8.
- Video editing improved on Adobe Premiere* – Up to 34 percent9 faster video editing compared with the previous generation and up to 97 percent faster compared with a 3-year-old PC10.
- Overall system performance improved up to 15 percent better as compared with previous generation and up to 40 percent as compared with a 3-year-old PC11.
- Overclock3 these new processors with the Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU), a precision tool for advanced overclocking, and take advantage of the additional thermal headroom with solder thermal interface material (STIM).
To realize the full potential of the new 9th Gen Intel Core processor, Intel is introducing the new Intel® Z390 chipset. The Intel Z390 chipset includes high-speed integrated USB 3.1 Gen 2 and integrated Intel® Wireless-AC with support for Gigabit Wi-Fi speed. The 9th Gen Intel Core processors are also compatible with all Intel® 300 Series chipset motherboards for more consumer options.
Preorders for the 9th Gen Intel Core processors and Intel Z390 chipset motherboards begin today from a variety of global vendors and retailers.